At Kemet, THEY have been pioneering Pretzels and snacks since 1998, and have grown to become the largest dynamic snack manufacturer in Egypt and Africa with an innovative product offering that is fun, tasty and healthy.
THEIR world class certified production facility is located in the 5th Industrial Zone of 6th of October city in Cairo. THEY use only the best ingredients with 100% natural flavours. Their baked not fried process brings the perfect balance of tasty, healthy products that are free of cholesterol, preservatives, and artificial colouring Kemet’s portfolio caters to every taste bud out there, with new flavour combinations across their product lines in both local and overseas markets.
Their clients’ satisfaction is always their top priority. they work regularly with local and international flavouring companies to create, develop and manufacture products that meet their specific market needs.
Their commitment to quality is at the core of our values, which resulted in Halal and FDA approvals as well as quality certifications from ISO 22000:2005 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
Their brands consist of the famous PRETzO , MUNCHOS AND MIXY SNACKS RANGE ROOTED POPPED LOTUS FOOD SNACKS: UAE Rooted, established in 2016 under the entrepreneurial leadership of Mrs. Tamanna Loungani. THEIR goal is to introduce healthy eastern foods to a global audience. THEIR name says it all-create products that are rooted in tradition and adapted to modern tastes. The snacks have the following benefits:
Being gluten-free with zero trans-fat, Popped Lotus Seeds are nutritionally distinct from other nuts and seeds.
- Lotus seeds are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- Lotus seeds are low in sodium.
- The seeds contain an anti-aging enzyme which is believed to help repair damaged proteins.
- Lotus seeds are also known to contain Kaempferol, a natural flavonoid also found in coffee, which helps prevent inflammation and aging.
- Lotus seeds are high in phyto-nutrients (disease-fighting nutrients), such as Alkaloids, Gallic acid and Saponins.
- Most significantly, the glycemic index of a lotus seed (approximately 14) is significantly lower than most high carbohydrate foods like rice and breads.